Saturday, April 13, 2019

Lunch Box Ideas For Picky Eaters



With the back to school season upon us, something that’s been on my mind is what to pack in my kids’ lunch boxes. We want to have plenty of ideas ready before school starts so that lunch packing is easy, not stressful.

EASY, Healthy Lunch Ideas for Kids! Bento box lunchbox ideas to pack for school, home, or even for yourself for work! Make packing lunches quick and easy! | www.kristineskitchenblog.com
Are you stuck in a lunch rut? These 10 healthy lunch ideas for kids are simple, healthy and fun to eat! I really enjoy thinking up new lunch ideas and creating these lunchbox posts. Last summer I shared these 10 healthy school lunches for kids and these no fuss school lunch ideas (make ahead). Those two posts are full of ideas that I rely on when packing my kids’ lunch boxes.


I like to get my kids involved in packing their own lunches. Even from a young age, kids can help with planning what to buy for the week, choosing foods at the grocery store, and packing their own lunchboxes. Having your kids help with the process teaches them about healthy food choices and makes them more likely to eat their lunch at school.

With kids, just like with adults, presentation of food is so important. If your child opens up their lunch box and their lunch looks appealing, they are more likely to eat it. I try to pack a variety of colorful foods in my kids’ lunches each day. A rainbow of fresh fruits and vegetables is both good for the body and appealing to the eye.

The lunch containers that you use also play a part in presentation. I love to use bento-style containers, because when my kids open up their lunches they have the whole meal visible and ready to eat. This type of container also avoids plastic baggie waste and makes lunch packing more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment